Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Song of Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva



I look to your example, Kshitigarbha. I aspire to learn your way of being present when and where there is darkness, suffering, oppression, and despair so I can bring light, hope, relief, and liberation to those places. I am determined not to forget or abandon those in desperate situations. I will do my best to establish contact with those who cannot find a way out of their suffering, those whose cries for help, justice, equality, and human rights are not being heard. I know hell can be found in many places on earth. I will do my best not to contribute to the creation of more hells on Earth. I will help to transform the hells that already exist. I will practice in order to realize the qualities of perseverance, so like the Earth, I can always be supportive and faithful to those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment