Friday, May 27, 2016

Eight Winds Meditation








This meditation is performed at the end of the day. Find a quiet place and ask yourself these eight questions. Don't judge your answers, simply hold onto your resolution to act more positively tomorrow.









Have I expressed kindness to at least one person today?

Have I tried to relieve one person's stress today?

Have I told someone, "I love you?"

Have I told someone I was happy for them?

Have I spent too much time trying to get something I wanted?

Have I avoided any unpleasant experiences or people?

Have I sought recognition for myself in any way?

Have I tried to shift blame to someone for my actions?


Taking time at the end of each day to consider these questions is a good way to engage the Buddha's Teaching in your life and to live by the principles of those Teachings.




No comments:

Post a Comment