Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Buddhist Morning Pledge

I will act with ethical integrity in all my actions, my words, and my thoughts.

I will treat all people, all sentient beings, all things with respect, with understanding, with compassion, with wisdom, and with loving kindness.

I will resist anger.

I will resist greed.

I will cultivate mental and emotional tranquility.

I will set aside time for formal meditation.

I will be aware of my actions, my words, and my thoughts.

I will reject egoistic desire, all notions of a unity called self, and all notions of permanence.

I will not regret the past nor fret about the future.

I will develop equanimity; I will not allow myself to exult in my good fortune or to despair in my bad fortunes.

I will strive to the best of my ability to realize Enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment