Monday, April 14, 2014

The Gatha of Surrender


I will let my inner experiences arise.
I will rest without making efforts.
I will leave my mind as a brilliant radiance
Like the sun free from clouds.
I will let my mind's vivid cognition be free of clinging
I will be like a young child looking inside a temple.
I will let my mind rest in serene, vast calmness,
Like an ocean free of waves.
I will let thoughts vanish without a trace,
Like a bird's flight that leaves no trace in the sky.
An experience of bliss will arise,
Inexpressible.
I will not have any attachment
Toward whichever experience arises--
Bliss, clarity, or no-thought.
I will simply allow it to remain in its vividness.
If I preserve the natural state of my mind in this way,
At the moment of death I will be liberated.
I will not forget this advice, but keep it in the core of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment