Thursday, June 25, 2015

I May Not Be Competent or Excellent, But I Am Present


My happiness is me, not you.
Not only because you may be temporary,
But also because you want me to be what I am not.

I cannot be happy when I change
Merely to satisfy your selfishness.
Nor can I feel content when you criticize me
for not thinking your thoughts,
Or for seeing like you do.
You call me a rebel.
And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs
You have rebelled against mine.
I do not try to mold your mind.
I know you are trying hard enough to be just you.
And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be-
for I am concentrating on being me.

You said that I was transparent
And easily forgotten.
But why then did you try to use my lifetime,
To prove to yourself who you are?

---Michelle---

No comments:

Post a Comment