Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The Three Refuge Commitments - Long Version


* = Bell


***
At the foot of the Bodhi tree, beautifully seated, peaceful and smiling, the living source of understanding and compassion, to the Buddha I go for refuge.  *

The path of mindful living, leading to healing, joy, and enlightenment, the way of peace, to the Dharma I go for refuge.  *

The loving and supportive community of practice, realizing harmony, awareness, and liberation, to the Sangha I go for refuge.  *

I am aware that the Three Gems are within my heart. I vow to realize them.  *

I vow to practice mindful breathing and smiling, looking deeply into things.  *

I vow o understand living beings and their suffering, to cultivate compassion and loving kindness, and to practice joy and equanimity.  *

I vow to offer joy to one person in the morning and to help relieve the grief of one person in the afternoon.  *

I vow to live simply and sanely, content with just a few possessions, and to keep my body healthy.  *

I vow to let go of all worry and anxiety in order to be light and free.  *

I am aware that I owe so much, to my parents, teachers, friends, and all beings. I vow to be worthy of their trust, to practice wholeheartedly, so that understanding and compassion will flower, and I can help living beings be free from their sufferings.  *

May the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha support my efforts.  *

May the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha support my efforts.  *

May the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha support my efforts.  ***



No comments:

Post a Comment